Monday, 14 October 2019
Sunday, 6 October 2019
Picture Day! Wednesday, October 9th. Please help us to become eco-champions reducing the amount of waste we generate. Instead of receiving an order form with their proofs, students will receive their proofs only, along with instructions to order online.
PD Day! Friday, October 11th is Christian Community Day, an annual professional development day for all staff with the Ottawa Catholic School Board. There are no classes for children.
Sunday, 29 September 2019
Sunday, 22 September 2019
I was so happy for the opportunity to meet with parents during our Open House (Program Night). Learning can be quite demanding at times, and my hope is for students to find it interesting and fun as well.
Thank you to all our parent volunteers during the Richmond Fair.
Aside from our weekly Spelling test and Library visit every Monday, here are some reminders for next week:
We will have our school Mass in the Gym on Tuesday, Sept. 24th (9:35 am).
Scholastic book order due by Wednesday, Sept. 25th and we will have our Lockdown Practice (9:45 am) on the same day.
On Friday, Sept. 27th, we will have our annual Terry Fox walk/run and crazy sock day (rain date: October 4th). The event will run from 2:50 pm to 3:30 pm. Here are some details:
· Donations for this cause will be done directly through the Terry Fox Foundations Website. Here is a link to the site. No cash donations will be accepted.
· We will be walking on school property like last year. Parents are welcome to join our class in walking.
· Students are encouraged to dress for the weather and label water bottles.
Monday, 16 September 2019
Thursday, 12 September 2019
· Please don’t forget to return library books by Monday, September 16th.
· Our first WWW spelling test is also on Monday - playing, stand, waved, takes, great
· Scholastic book orders are due by Tuesday, September 17th.
· First homework for the school year will also be sent home on Tuesday, to be completed and returned to school by Monday the following week.
· Our Program Night/Open House is on Wednesday, September 18th. Parents and students begin arriving at 6:30 pm. Classroom presentation #1 at 6:45 pm. Classroom presentation #2 at 7:15 pm.
· Richmond Fair Field Trip is on Thursday, September 19th (9:30-11:30 am).
Saturday, 7 September 2019
· We will start with our Word Wall Words (word study) next week. On Mondays, students are provided with five words to learn and study for the whole week, and they have a spelling test the following Monday. According to research conducted by L.C. Ehri for the Scientific Study of Reading, spelling instruction improves reading ability, as it builds a learner’s knowledge of the alphabetic system as it is used in reading.
· Our class library schedule is every Monday.
· The first Homework for the school year will be sent home on Tuesday.
· Thanks to everyone for signing and sending in the different forms last week, and for donating boxes of Kleenex and Ziploc bags.